I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Monday 9 February 2015

My current skincare routine

Today, I am going to share with you my current skincare routine and my skincare favourites!

Step 1: Removing my makeup 



Garnier Micellar cleansing water
Currently I am using the Garnier micellar water to take off my makeup with a cotton pad. I was using the Bioderma micellar water but it was quite tricky to get hold of/expensive in the UK. This is currently only £3.33 in Boots and to be honest works exactly the same as the Bioderma. It is very gentle and can remove even waterproof mascara very easily.







Step 2: Cleanse



MAC Cleanse off oil tranquil
Next I move on to cleansing my skin. This step removes the last traces of my makeup that may still be left behind. I take one pump of this onto my hands and gently massage it into my skin. I then take a hot flannel/muslin cloth and wipe off the oil to leave my skin feeling lovely and soft. This has been a recent addition to my skincare routine and so far I am loving it!






Step 3: Tone



Michael Todd Blue Algae Toner
I never really used toners until I found this one because I never felt like they were doing anything to my skin. I first heard about this one from fleurdeforce and decided to give it a try. WOW! this is brilliant. Why applied on a cotton pad, it give a slight tingling feeling to the skin and you can feel it working (in a good way). I try to use this everyday/every other day as it refreshes my skin and helps to get rid of any dry patches to make my skin silky soft! It is also now available on their UK website to stop any custom charges!






Step 4: Oil



Kiel's Midnight recovery concentrate
Again this is another cult product that gets A LOT of hype. I really enjoy using this oil. Firstly it smells really good and is quite relaxing to use just before going to bed. It is a very thin, water like oil that helps to repair the skin like magic overnight. I can't say that this fixes my dry skin during the winter perfectly but it certainly helps and stops it feely so rough an tight.







Step 5: Moisturise



Charlotte Tilbury's magic cream
I am currently trying out Charlotte's magic cream. It has a very thick consistency which drew me to it as my skin is quite dry. I have been trying it now for a month or so and it is a nice moisturiser. I think if you had normal-oily skin this would also be very good. However for the the price I don't think it is worth the hype. Before this I was using the Embryolisse Lait-creme concentrate and I think I prefer that and it is much much cheaper.





Aswell as these daily steps, I also have a few other favourites that I use 2-3 times a week in my routine


Extra exfoliating cleanse:



No 7 beautiful skin cleansing brush with the Liz Earle cleanse and polish

When I feel like i need to have an extra cleanse and some relaxing time I use the No 7 beautiful skin cleansing brush. This a very cheap dupe for the clarasonic brush. It is quite harsh on the skin so I only tend to use it 1-2 times a week to get rid of the dry/dead skin. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and refreshed. On this brush I use the Liz Earle cleanse and polish, which has been a firm favourite for several years now. If my skin is feeling sensitive, I will use this without the brush and wash it off with a hot muslin cloth.

I hope this has been an interesting read and you have found some new products to try!

thank you for reading this post

xxx





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig