I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Thursday 12 March 2015

A review of the Ole Henriksen fab 5!


I have wanted to try Ole Henriksen as a brand for some time now so when this sample set became available on feel unique- I knew I had to try them!  This is a really good value set at £35 as you save £30 on buying the products separately. Here is a review of each of the fab 5 products:


African red tea foaming cleanser
I really enjoyed using this cleaner. The smell is amazing! As you know I am a lover of citrus scents and this is lovely and fresh- perfect to wake you up in the morning. This would be a great travel size cleanser. I use 2-3 pumps and massage it in when my face is damp. I then use a hot cloth to take it off. It foams up and leaves your skin feeling very clean without drying it out. If you aren't a fan of cleansing balms/ oils I would certainly recommend this one to try.
The clean truth cleansing cloths
I heard fleurdeforce talk about these face wipes. Again the smell is lovely, a real orangey scent. These are great it you can't be bother to use a micellar water/ cleanse or for use when travelling. I did find that I needed to use a make up remover on my eyes to get off my mascara as the cloths didn't quite manage it. But overall, some of the nicest face wipes I have tried.
Truth serum collagen booster
Again, a lovely scent- this range seems perfect for someone with a slight obsession with orange smells! Out of all of the 5 products this is one that I enjoyed, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it on it's own. It felt nice on the skin, not oily at all and felt nice to use after cleansing but I didn't really notice a change to my skin. All of the products felt good and I do have quite sensitive skin and there were no breakouts. (phew!) A nice step in my routine but probably not neccessary.

Lemon strip flash peel
This was a gel like mask/ peel. The instructions tell you to leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse off. I did like this and unlike a lot of masks, it wasn't drying and felt fresh as if you had a new layer of skin for the day. I used this 1-2 a week depending on what my skin felt like. I also kept it on whilst having a bath and rinsed it off at the end. You can feel it working but without any stinging feeling! A great product if you fancy a pamper evening.

Pure truth youth activating oil
This has to be my favourite out of the lot! The scent of this is not quite as nice (i.e not as citrus smelling) as it has rose hips oil in to help repair the skin. I have been using this instead of the kiel's midnight recovery and the Estee Lauder night repair and I have to say ....... I prefer it! I suffer with dry patches and I haven't had ANY! It leaves my skin feeling soon soft and in the morning my skin feels fresh and hydrated. I LOVE IT!

I would definitely recommend trying this set if you are looking for some new skincare products to try. You can get this set at feel unique.com

thanks for reading 

Katherine
xxx



Share:

2 comments

  1. Great post! I've just purchased mine. Have you tried glam glow before? I purchased their gift set from feel unique and i think fab 5 will be a great match. You could read my post here > http://keepontrend.com/glam-glow-expertbudget <3 x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't no, I'll make sure I have a read x

      Delete

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig