I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Tuesday 1 September 2015

My August beauty favourites


It's come to the end of the month again and here are the beauty bits I have been loving this month. There are quite a few new products this month as I have had a cheeky Sephora order and had a bit more time to try new things out.

1.Burberry Kisses lipstick in No. 77 Blush
I love this lipstick and it is the perfect colour to take me into Autumn. It has started to get a little cooler here in the UK and this is a lovely pink berry colour. The packaging is beautiful with a magnetic close. The only problem is it is slightly larger than normal lipsticks and it won't fit into my lipstick holder container!

2. Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering skin perfector in Champagne pop.
I finally have it! I ordered it again after receiving a refund from Sephora. I was gutted when it arrived smashed. This highlighter does not disappoint. I also purchased the Becca Shimmering skin perfector in Opal which is more subtle with less of a white gold finish. I really love this one too!

3. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess skin clay mask
Now I have raved about this on my blog before here. I absolutely LOVE this mask. I use it once a week when I am having a pamper night. It leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and helps to keep my skin clear. I thoroughly recommend it.

4. Sephora triple action cleansing water
I have just picked up another bottle of this when I visited Sephora. I think I prefer it to Bioderma. I love the pump on the top and it removes all my waterproof mascara too. If you are looking to try a new cleansing water, why not give this one a go.

5.  CND Shellac nail polish in Field fox
I have written a post about DIY shellac nails here. It is so much cheaper to do them yourself. It can cost anywhere between £20-40 in London. I love using this as my nail polish lasts 2 weeks on my fingernails and up to 4 weeks on my toes! I recently purchased the colour Field fox here and it is beautiful! All of the products I use are in the post above. It's the perfect tool for a girls night in!

6. Too faced born this way foundation
This has to be my new favourite foundation. It leaves my skin looking flawless. It is slightly more coverage than I have been wearing over the last few months but it doesn't feel cakey or heavy on the skin. I bought the colour porcelain which is similar to Rimmel wake me up Ivory/Mac NW20/Nars Sante Fe in colour.

7. Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp Palette
I have been having a bit of a clear out and when I was tidying up my makeup drawers I rediscovered this palette. It is a beautiful palette that can be used everyday (top two shades) or for a full smokey eye. You can watch tutorials and get some inspiration here for different eye looks with the palette.

8. Clarins Aquatic treasures bronzer
There is a full review of my thoughts and swatches here. Needless to say- I love it!

9. Chanel Chance Eau Vive
I have been a lover of the Chanel Chance eau tendre for a few years now and when this one came out I new I had to try it. I think I actually prefer it. It is slightly sweeter and a younger fragrance. A new favourite, if you have chance to have a sniff I would recommend it.

10. Laura Mercier Fan Brush
I was missing a fan brush from my brush collection so I picked this one up when I got a Space NK promotion code. I use this to apply highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. It is great because you can achieve a light dusting or really build it up if you want to glow!

11. Sephora colour shadow and liner in taupe
I love eye shadow crayons because they are perfect when you are in a rush in the morning. A sweep all over the lid and blended gives you a put together look without the effort. I really like these colour shadows. They have a waterproof formula and last longer than the ByTerry Ombre Blackstars without any creasing. At only $7 they are a bargain!

What are your favourites this month?

Thanks for reading

Katherine

xxx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig