I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Sunday 27 September 2015

Weekend wind up: Wish lists, birthday celebrations, beetroot cake and a few new purchases!


This week has been a really fun one. I went shopping, ate beetroot cake for the first time and went to my friends 29th birthday party.

A few new purchases
I went to Westfield on friday and picked up a few new bits. I bought two pairs of earrings from Orelia in topshop. I got these beautiful marble effect squares with a rose gold edging and these silver bar studs. There doesn't seem to be as many Orelia products on the topshop website as there are in store so I definitely recommend checking out the Orelia website here.

I also bought some more hair grips from H&M as I have been wearing my hair half up, half down a lot more recently and these clips are great for that.
From H&M I bought this little 'have a nice day' mat which I thought would be great for instagram photos and using in backgrounds (can't find online but they are near the tills in the homeware section).
Next, I went to boots and picked up this sensational gel polish to try in 'taupe tulips'. I have been using the CND shellac colours and thought I would give this a try. Watch this space for my thoughts...

And finally I picked up another Rimmel stay matte powder in transparent. This is so cheap and does exactly what it says on the tin. I've got through a couple of these now and really love it.

Wishlists
I also wrote a blog post all about what I have on my wishlist for my birthday! There will be another wishlist post coming your way soon, but if you missed it you can click here to see everything that I'm in love with.

Birthday celebrations
And finally I ended the week with a birthday party for one of my close friends. We all went round for drinks, nibble and of course.... birthday cake! This was a cake with a difference- it had beetroot in it! Now I'm all for vegetables in cake, carrot cake is my absolute favourite. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. It was really tasty and you couldn't really tell that it was made from vegetables. Healthy(ish) and tasty- bonus!

I hope that you had a good weekend

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig