I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Tuesday 13 October 2015

How to do DIY shellac nails at home updated. Equipment, my nail varnish collection, swatches and more...


Today I wanted to do an updated DIY shellac nail post.
I bought all the kit you needed to do your own shellac nails in May and I thought it was time to update you with my thoughts and collection.
I love getting my nails done professionally but it can cost so much money! I was recently shopping at Westfield Stratford City and it was going to cost £40 to get Shellac nails. 

The kit I use:


Preparing your nails
Firstly I think it is really important to prep your nails. I went to boots and picked up a few things on 3 for 2.
I got cuticle pusher, cuticle trimmernail buffer and file and some cuticle oil. By preparing my nails properly it makes sure that the nail varnish lasts much longer and your nails will be in much better condition.

 Base and top coats
It may seem annoying sometimes going through all of the different steps but it is really worth it. I picked up this duo set from Amazon. I start with 1 layer of the base coat and place my hand into the UV lamp for 2 mins (there is a handy timer on this lamp!)
After the 2 mins I put 1 coat of the nail polish on and then place back in the lamp for another 2 mins. I repeat this so I have two coats of polish. Next I add the final top coat and place my hands back in for another 2 minutes. Once you have finished it is really important that you wipe your nails with the prep & wipe solution to 
get rid of the sticky layer on top.


Here is an updated look at my shellac collection with swatches:

7. Tropix

I thoroughly recommend Ella grey for getting these CND polishes. I've tried a few other amazon sellers and some of the polishes have gone all wrinkly (probably fakes). I also tried sensationail from boots and they didn't last as long as the CND polishes.

I hope you find this helpful

Thanks for reading

Katherine

xxx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig