I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Sunday 18 October 2015

Weekend wind-up: BBC big band, Charlotte tilbury foundations, planning my birthday celebrations and turkish food!


This week has been quite a quiet one. The only thing I really did (apart from work) was I went out for dinner and to see the BBC big band on Tuesday at the Hackney Empire. I'm a big fan of big band music and this did not disappoint. This was a celebration concert featuring the work or Nelson Riddle. The concert featured Claire Teal, Graham Bickley and Curtis Stigers. There were so many popular tunes from Frank Sinatra, Peggy Lee, Nat 'King' Cole, Judy Garland and many more. If you haven't seen them I thoroughly recommend going to see them as everyone can enjoy such great live Jazz music.

Before the show I went to Anatolia's turkish restaurant in Hackney. I've been many times before and the quality is always superb. I had a mixed grill which has Chicken, lamb shish, kofte, lamb chops, rice and salad. For 2 people it is £18. The meat is incredible, they also do vegetarian options with falafel and halloumi. I definitely recommend going if you are in East London.

Now we are getting into October, I've started to think about my birthday. I would like to go to a Spa and out for a meal with my friends. So far Belton woods is at the top of my list. It is situated in Grantham, Lincolnshire which is close to my parents. You can have bed, breakfast, dinner, a night in the hotel and a 30 minute treatment for £79- bargain! 
I also would like to go to Mem and Laz in Islington, London as this is my favourite restaurant in Angel (Probably in the whole of London!). If you go before 6pm you can have 3 courses for £9.95

I have also written a blogpost this week on which Charlotte tilbury foundation to choose- the wonder glow or the magic foundation? Check it out here

Thanks for reading

Katherine

xxx
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig