I Hart beauty

Beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog with a new post every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday

Saturday 30 January 2016

My top three most worn nail polishes with DIY shellac at home


Today I would like to share my three most worn nail polishes. Now you might be saying hang on a minute these are shellac polishes, I can't afford to go and get my nails done all the time. Here is where I tell you- you can!
I love having painted nails but I hate having to repaint them every few days because of chips. These beauties last for two weeks and do not chip. I remove them after two weeks as they grow out with my nail or occasionally one nail polish might peel off completely.

Cost comparison of nail polishes:

OPI £11.50 RRP
Butter London £12- 15 RRP
Zoya £9.95 RRP
Essie £10.95 RRP
Smith and cult £19 RRP
CND Shellac £11-16 (Depending on colour)

Now I know there are plenty of drugstore polishes cheaper than this but if you compare the CND to the prices above, I honestly think it is worth it as they last so much longer and look much better. They have a beautiful shine and I constantly get complimented on my nails.

I did a shellac at home post where I listed all the kit you need to start you off- a perfect birthday gift and once you have the lamp (£18.99), prep wipe and remover (£12) and base and top coats (£22.95) you are good to go!

You can read that blogpost all about how to DIY shellac at home here. I also recommend where to buy your shellac polishes from as I have quite a collection now and the seller has been great on amazon. There are also lots of swatches of different polishes if you want to see what they look like.

Thanks for reading
Katherine
xxx

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© I Hart beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig